The second annual KAMP Cup was a bigger success than we imagined it could have been. Having raised a $17,000.00 donation in 2015, we thought we would reach for a goal of $25,000 to be able to donate. Again, our friends and colleagues really blew us away, and we were able to donate $26,000.00 to the Kennedy Donovan Center.
A message from Paul to all that donated and or participated:
To Everyone that Participated,
I want to thank everyone for their participation in the second annual KAMP Cup for KDC. Fortunately, the weather broke just in time for us to go out for a great round of golf. After everything has been totaled up, we raised a total of $26,000 for the Kennedy Donovan Center, which exceeded our goal by $1,000 for a two year grand total of $43,000. When we started this last year never did I imagine that we would be raising this much money in our second year.
I want to thank everyone that wasn’t able to attend the tournament but sent us a donation to help support a great cause. I do want to thank all of the volunteers once again especially my wife, Kim, our office manager, Kristal, as well as Wayne & Michelle Bergeron for all of the hours that they put into soliciting donations and organizing the event.
No one was able to win the truck put up by Alden GMC or the BMW put up by South Shore BMW (Closest was 3’-6’’, close but not close enough) or any of the other 8 hole-in-one prizes. Regardless, here are the tournament winners:
- Team Laying Pipe from Easton WinWater took 1st place at -13
- Team Sparky from Glynn Electric took second at -11 to beat my team in a card off.
- My team, Team ChiChi’s Ringers took third at -11
We will give them another shot next year to defend their title and everyone else another shot to take the title from them and add your name to the KAMP Cup Trophy.
- Lets see if Stefani Plumbing Team #2 in a Number Two Business can move up in standing and not take Most Honest next year.
A BIG THANKS TO OUR FOLLOWING SPONSORS:
- Bag sponsor KAMP Construction
- Dinner sponsor: Tom & Paula Macvarish of Continetal Ceilings
- DIAMOND SPONSOR: Jayne & Dr William Lane of Lane Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
- PLATINUM SPONSOR: Glynn Electric
- GOLD: Anderson Insulation
- SILVER: Stefani Plumbing & Heating, Fairhaven Lumber, Baystate Drywall, Silver Lake HVAC and Easton WinWater
- BRONZE: Automatech
- Everyone who sponsored the putting green, carts, and holes, there are just too many to list.
The totals raised at the tournament, are as follows:
The silent auction raised nearly $7,000.00 alone, with the big item of the day being the Old Sandwich Golf Club donated by Dr. Warren Woods.
The raffle tickets, mulligans and prize holes raised a total of $3,105.
I want to thank everyone on the 50/50 item that donated the money back to KDC and received a really nice paperweight.
I also wanted to thank everyone who tried to stick it to me by buying more raffle tickets than they normally would have, knowing Kim and I were matching the total amount. The raffles raised $3,105 for a total of $6,210!
A special thank you to everyone that provided silent auction items, without these very generous donations, we would not have been able to bring in an additional $7,000.00
Once again we want to thank all of you. We look forward to seeing all of you next year for an even bigger event.
A very sincere thanks,
Paul M. Rodrigues
The KAMP Construction Company