With the third annual KAMP Cup in the books, we are so thankful for all of our family, friends and colleagues and their continued support for this event. This year, we raised a total of $21,000 for a grand total donation from the last 3 years of $64,000 for the Kennedy Donovan Center.
Here is a message from Paul to everyone who has donated or participated in our tournament:
To Everyone that Participated,
We want to thank everyone that was able to come out and play in the 3rd annual KAMP Cup for KDC. We have lucked out for a third year in a row with some really great weather.
After all the donations, raffles and auctions where tallied up, we have a total donation for this year of $21,000.00 for the Kennedy Donovan Center. This makes for a grand total of $64,000 for the last three years.
In addition to everyone that was able to come and participate, we would like to extend a big thank you to all of our sponsors that weren’t as lucky to attend.
We also want to thank a few people on our golf committee. Kristal Jurgilewicz, Michelle & Wayne Bergeron. The volunteers Mike Rodrigues, Ashley Goldsmith, Beverly Braswell & Maurine Rodrigues along with all of the volunteers from KDC for donating their time to come out and watch some of you attempt to golf. I have seen a lot of you golf and besides supporting this tournament I think some of you should maybe take up fishing.
A BIG THANKS TO OUR FOLLOWING SPONSORS:
- Our 1st diamond sponsor Jayne & Dr William Lane of Lane Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery & Dental implant center.
- Our 2nd Diamond sponsor is Matt Dennen of Commercial electrical solutions.
- Our Platinum sponsor who didn’t even golf but shelled out a lot of money for two plates of food and I know he didn’t want to be recognized but Tom Macvarish of Continental Ceilings. An all around great guy and someone who is a personal friend of mine
- Our Gold sponsors: Bob Andersen and all of the guys at Andersen Insulation.
- Our Silver Sponsors are. John from Silver Lake Air and Fairhaven Lumber, who was also your lunch sponsor.
- The beverage cart sponsors, and this is a sponsorship that went the fastest, I think because it came with 20 free drinks. Tom Stefani of Stefani Plumbing & Heating and Tony McGahan of South Shore Cabinets.
We would like to thank all of the hole, driving range and green sponsors.
We would also like to give a special thank you to everyone that provided silent auction items. Without these donations, we would not have been able to bring in an additional $5,000.00. The big ticket silent auction item this year being the threesome to the Boston Golf Club, which was graciously donated by the Palmisano’s. The second was a threesome to Kittansett that was donated by Fran & Christina Doran.
Finally, the raffle tickets, mulligans and prize holes raised a total of $4,265.00. We want thank all of the prize winners that choose to donate the cash back to make the donation higher than it could have been. Thank you to everyone who really tried to stick it to us by buying more raffle tickets than they normally would have, knowing Kim and I were, again, matching the total amount, bringing the raffle donations to a grand total of $8,530.00.
Thanks to South Shore BMW for putting up a car for the hole in one contest, one person came within 3’ of winning the car.
Thank you again to everyone that was able to participate or donate in one way or another. Without each and every one of you, this event would not be possible, never mind the success that it has been. We look forward to seeing all of you next year for an even bigger event.
Here are this years tournament winners:
- It only took me three years, but I am happy to say that my team, Chi Chi’s Ringers…and Wayne, was able to squeak out the First Place spot with -15,
- Second place went to last years winners, Easton WinWater, Team Laying Pipe, with -13,
- Third Place went to Greg Jurgilewicz’, Team Crestwood, after a card off with -11
- Stefani Team #2 in a #2 Business was able to pass along their title of Most Honest to Commercial Electrical Solutions #2, with a score of +11
- My wife’s team, Kimberries Pickers, were the winners of the women’s only teams, maybe only because they were up against themselves.
- The Lane’s team, 2 Ladies Carrying 2 Docs, took the winning spot for the mixed double teams.
A very sincere thanks,
Paul & Kim Rodrigues